Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Face First by Priscilla Cummings

Book description from Amazon.com:

After a catastrophic automobile accident, twelve-year-old Kelley wakes up to find her face and body severely burned. To recover, she must suffer through skin-graft operations, painful dressings, and hand exercises that seem akin to torture. Worst of all, she must wear a plastic mask so that her facial skin won't grow back puffy and hard. How will she ever face the world again?

My 25 cents:  
Mrs. Stuhr told me how great this book was so I decided to give it a try.  I was very, very happy that I'd read it.  This is a great story about a girl that has to live with a facial imperfection.  She is full of fear and doubt in the beginning but realizes later on that there is more to life than what you look like on the outside. It reminded me a lot of the book WONDER that I blogged about earlier as well.  The character in this book has a lot to work through, but when she opens her mind and heart she is able to find peace.  I would highly recommend this book for kids and their parents!


No comments:

Post a Comment